What is the Shaping Lives Annual Fund?
The Shaping Lives Annual Fund is the fuel for growth at WPGA. Like all nonprofit independent schools, tuition and government grants cover operations and compensation only. We depend on donors’ generosity to provide enriched programs, learning resources, financial assistance and scholarships. The pandemic also necessitated new technology needs, protective equipment, and facility modifications to ensure optimal health and safety.
An unrestricted fund, Shaping Lives Annual Fund donations are directed to priority areas that same school year; these gifts have an immediate and lasting impact on every Grey Wolf's learning and growth.
How Does the Shaping Lives Annual Fund Work?
The Shaping Lives Annual Fund is open to donations all year, although we request donations in the fall, winter, and end of school year for maximum funding flexibility. We ask all WPGA families to contribute to the Fund in a way that is meaningful and sustainable. More than a target amount, we deeply value the total number of families who participate in the Fund. All contributions, regardless of amount, will shape our students’ futures.
A separate philanthropic request is typically made in the spring for our annual Parent Volunteer Group fundraiser, which supports a specific school project and the Student Wishlist.
Where Do Shaping Lives Annual Fund Donations Go?
Funding priorities are identified by teachers and staff and vetted through the School Leadership Team. Gifts over $5,000 can be directed to an area of focus. Areas of focus for 2021-2022 include:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Indigenous Education initiatives
- Positive Education (character development) training and resources
- Athletic coaching, uniforms and equipment
- Student leadership programs and clubs, e.g. Model UN and debate
- Outdoor facility improvements, e.g. amphitheatre spaces, basketball
- courts, playground equipment
- Field trips and excursions
- Equipment for optimal safety and comfort, e.g. additional classroom air purifiers, sanitizing stations, protective equipment, plexiglass barriers, heaters for outdoor learning tents
- Mental health programs and wellness resources
Established in April 2020, our Financial Assistance Fund has expanded to provide support to prospective as well as current Grey Wolves, ensuring access to a WPGA education for all students of promise. How Do I Give?
- Monthly Gifts: Your monthly commitment is the most effective way to support students’ needs. Please submit the online donation form on this webpage and select "monthly gift."
- One Time Gifts: Donations by cheque can be mailed or dropped off at WPGA. Donate by credit card on this webpage or by contacting the Advancement Office by email or at 604-222-8750, x. 1525.
- Gifts of Securities/Stock: Donations of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) to a registered charity can turn a potential tax bill into a tax deduction. Download the donation form here.
Donor names (family, Foundation or individual) are listed in our Annual Report
. Gifts are not reported by levels or amounts and can be anonymous.
Thank you for supporting West Point Grey Academy's Shaping Lives Annual Fund.