A/V Technical Assistant
The A/V Technical Assistant will work closely with faculty and administration to facilitate the technical requirements for school events at multiple venues on a daily, flexible part time basis (approximately 4-6 hours daily). This position will involve working in the presence of school-aged children and assisting with set-up and take down of equipment at events.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with A/V technical planning and facilitate technical requirements for school events at multiple venues.
- Liaise with faculty and administration to determine technical requirements for school events.
- Facilitate audio and video recording of live events, studio and mobile audio recording.
- Establish and maintain a photographic and video record of school events for review and posting.
- Assist music program with use and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Arrange for installation of A/V systems as required.
- Maintain school audio and technical equipment, including recording studio gear.
- Manage a budget for cost of maintenance and purchases of A/V gear.
- Obtain or rent equipment as required for events, hire on-call A/V technical assistants as necessary.
- Assist school maintenance department with event set up and take down.
- Graduate of a technical or theatre training program or prior experience with live sound reinforcement, audio and video recording, concert lighting and event staging.
- Working knowledge of A/V equipment, including digital audio consoles, PA systems, microphone applications (including wireless technology), stage lighting, digital video cameras, projectors and cameras.
- Knowledge of studio recording techniques, recording software, mastering, understanding of acoustical properties.
- Familiarity with video editing processes and media posting.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proactive attitude
- A demonstrated ability to work with others effectively
- Understanding of technical needs
- Physical ability to handle heavy equipment during set up and take down
Please forward your resume and a cover letter to WPGA Careers
by April 1st, 2019 citing "A/V Technical Assistant" in the subject line.