The Shaping Lives Fund is WPGA’s annual gift fund. The goal of the Shaping Lives Fund is to raise unrestricted funding for maximum flexibility in funding opportunities, including program enhancements and facility improvements, that immediately benefit the student experience. The goal of the Shaping Lives Fund is 100% family participation. All gifts, regardless of amount, are valued and will shape the lives of our students and our future. Where Do Shaping Lives Fund Donations Go?
Funding priorities are identified by teachers and staff and vetted through the School Leadership Team. Gifts over $5,000 can be directed to any of the specific projects below. If you have another area of interest, please speak with Rebecca Kerbel
, Director of Advancement.
- STEM and robotics equipment
- Apple/Microsoft learning hubs
- Visiting experts
- Globally inspired programs such as Connected North and Global Online Academy
- Student and staff leadership training
- Music instruments and drama production
- Athletics coaching and equipment
- Service program
- Playground equipment
- WolfTV production needs
- Mindfulness and wellness programs
- Scholarships and bursaries
How Do I Give?
- Monthly Gifts: Your monthly commitment is the most effective way to support students’ needs. Please submit the online donation form on this webpage and select "monthly gift."
- One Time Gifts: Donations by cash, cheque, credit card or gift of stock can be submitted online (wpga.ca/shapinglives), by mail, in person or by calling the Business Office (604-222-8750, x. 1511). Donations are payable to WPGA Foundation.
- Gifts of Securities/Stock: Donations of appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds, to a registered charity can turn a potential tax bill into a tax deduction. Download the donation form here.
Acknowledgements: Donor names (family, Foundation or individual) will be listed in the Annual Report. Gifts are not reported by levels or amounts and can be anonymous.
Contact: If you have questions about the Shaping Lives Fund, contact Rebecca Kerbel, Director of Advancement, by email or at 604-222-8750, x. 1523.
Thank you for supporting West Point Grey Academy's Shaping Lives Fund.