Teaching at WPGA is rewarding, collaborative and dynamic. Our Leadership Teams support our educators to teach with confidence, develop innovative academic and cocurricular programs, build meaningful relationships with students and families, and grow professionally. Below are some the benefits of teaching at WPGA.
Learning & Development
- Teachers meet up to three times annually with Leadership Team members to discuss their teacher growth plan, and engage in regular open feedback throughout the year.
- All teachers participate in professional development each year, which includes workshop and coaching opportunities in Vancouver and throughout North America. WPGA has hosted internationally recognized experts such as Kim Marshall (effective feedback), Patti Drobot (attachment theory), Peter Liljedahal (mathematics) and Nancy Young (literacy); and supported teachers to attend conferences in Arizona, Oregon and Texas and to pursue teacher and leadership training through Harvard Project Zero, Global Online Academy and the CAIS Leadership Institute.
- Participation in partnership studies and initiatives with professors and departments at the University of British Columbia.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plans, including 100% MSP coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP-matching program
- Generous school holidays
- Maternity/parental leave top-up plan
- Emergency travel medical insurance (insured to $2 million for staff member and dependents for travel up to 90 days)
Health & Wellness
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Inclusive culture
- Health spending account ($600 per year)
- Healthy meals (50% discount on all food and beverages at dining hall and snack bar)
- Three personal days per year
- Free weekly yoga, spin and weight training classes; free use of fitness facilities
- Free 10-week mindfulness and stress reduction course
- Subsidized entry fee for BMO Half Marathon
- Individual annual meetings with financial and retirement planning professionals
- Staff social events throughout the year
WPGA is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply for our employment opportunities.