The Senior School (grades 8-12) offers each student a truly personalized, dynamic educational journey. Guided by experienced, caring faculty, students work both independently and collaboratively, developing the independence, skills and knowledge to dive deeply into their passions and successfully pursue their postsecondary path of choice, from entrepreneurship and business to filmmaking, music, math, science and engineering. Reflective of our school’s motto, Go Forth With Confidence, students graduate from WPGA with the confidence, leadership skills, and capacity for resilience to thrive in an ever-moving world.
As a member school in Global Online Academy
, and with our signature Global Studies Diploma, Outdoor Education and Wilderness Pursuits programs, students have the opportunity to become citizens of the world and stewards of their local communities.
Service Program, Athletics & Clubs
- Course timetables are personalized for every student, with individual course planning and annual review sessions. The Program of Studies Guide is published in January and outlines academic programs for the following year.
Advanced Placement courses (16-19 per year) offer exceptional university preparation, as recognized by the U.S. College Board.
- Global Studies Diploma Program; member school of Global Online Academy
- Our fine and performing arts department offers a range of programs, including visual arts, theatre arts and music (choir, band and strings).
STEM and language competitions, such as DELF and DELE language exams, complement class learning.
Our Outdoor Environmental Education program, which includes a full-year grade 10 Wilderness Pursuits program, integrates social studies curriculum in experiential, practical ways.
Our comprehensive student-led service program offers volunteer opportunities at every level, from local outreach events to international service trips.
- Over 20 clubs offerings include First Responders (medical emergency training), debate, Model United Nations, public speaking, photography and theatre.
- Multiple leadership opportunities, including leadership retreats and school councils (arts, athletics, service, spirit) are open to all students.
- Our competitive athletics program includes junior and senior varsity teams in cross country, swimming, volleyball, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis, and track and field.
- Parent involvement in encouraged, with parent-teacher conferences, parent education workshops, grade socials and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.